Fitness: My Body is My Temple
About the Course:
Respecting your body and becoming a healthier you!
The aim of the course is to get you to start thinking critically about your well-being. It seems that we are always told to be physically active and eat healthy, but we are never told how! We have the desire to take care of our bodies and our health but there are so many barriers stopping us; whether it is a lack of knowledge of “how to” or simply just finding the time. In this course we want to allow students the time to reflect on daily habits and how they can find a way to incorporate a healthier lifestyle that they enjoy!
Course Learning Objective
- Recognize the issues stopping you from a healthy lifestyle
- Figure out what fitness means to you
- Gain the tools necessary to implement fitness
- Find a physical activity that you enjoy
- Feel empowered to make the change to treat your body as a temple!
The class is two hours with one hour as the exercise portion in which students will participate in a variety of physical activities. Each week is a different group physical activity to help broaden the students view of exercise, along with introducing them to activities that they can join that are on/nearby campus. The other hour is the discussion portion in which we will discuss tips for incorporating healthier eating options into your daily life. For instance, we will cover topics like time management, nutrition, hydration and so forth.
How to Enroll:
You should take this course if you are
- Interested in starting or changing your fitness routine
- Want to find a physical activity around campus to get involved in
- Want to meet other people with an interest in fitness (Maybe a new workout buddy!)
- Just want to have fun doing physical activities and discussing nutrition!
**ATTENTION - The Application deadline has now passed and we are no longer accepting applications. Notifications will be sent out September 5, 2012 by 8pm via email. If you did not receive an email please contact us.
We received a high volume of applications and unfortunately, we can not accept everyone. We highly encourage you to try again next semester!
Course Contact: fitness.ucb AT gmail.com
Faculty Sponsor: Dale Johnson
Time & Location:
|Section||—||25||205 Dwinelle||M 6p-8p||9/10||full||—|
|There are no files uploaded.|
Course info last modified September 9, 2012. This page has been viewed 8164 times.