The DeCal Board provides student support, outreach, and publicity. We are not responsible for reviewing, approving, or supervising Special Studies courses. The departments and the Academic Senate handle all academic and administrative aspects of DeCal courses.
- Manage the online course listing / this website.
- Help facilitators get funding from the ASUC, get publicity, make copies for their course, or simply help them fill out the paperwork.
- Put on pedagogical workshops, connect people to UC FTR resources, foster an academic dialogue on education.
We do not
- Regulate or approve DeCals; this is done by corresponding department and the Academic Senate
- Have control over enrollment or grades. These decisions are made by individual course facilitators and their sponsoring departments.