About the Course:
UC Berkeley's Premiere 9-Year Running PreMedical DeCal
Update: The first day of class is Wednesday, August 31st, from 6-730pm at 159 Mulford.
If you are on the waitlist and are still interested in taking the course, please remain on it.
Note: The course is currently full (including a full waitlist for the lower division section). We will try to work with the MCB department to open up the course to more students, but we cannot promise anything. Please do not email the facilitators, the MCB department, or the DeCal board to try to get in. We offer the course every semester. You are free to check enrollment periodically to see if spots open up, and you are technically allowed to enroll into the course up until the 5th week. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, but there is only a certain amount of students we can work with each semester.
PLEASE CHECK THIS WEBSITE FOR UPDATES:
We will provide an updated syllabus in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! For some information on what our course is like, please be sure to check out the website under "Lectures Notes". Here you can find a recent syllabus, class notes, and more.
ABOUT OUR COURSE
The goal of PreMed 101 is two-fold:
(1) Provide pre-med students with the necessary information to succeed in the pre-requisites (required courses, MCAT, extra-curricular opportunities, research, etc.)
(2) Expose pre-med students to their future careers by bringing in medical school students and residents, medical doctors, doctors of osteopathic medicine, and physician's assistants.
Your grade will be based on your attendance record and homework assignments. Please view the syllabus for more details.
How to Enroll:
Enrollment is FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED. Register on TeleBEARS according to your class standing. (You can access your class standing status via TeleBEARS > Home Tab > Student Profile).
Enter these CCNs on TeleBEARS today!
Note: Enrollment is handled via TeleBEARS Only. Please do not contact the head facilitators to enroll, nor the faculty sponsor, nor the MCB Department.
1. The first day of class is mandatory. All students (including those on the wait-list) who do not attend the first day will be dropped.
2. You may add the class up to the end of the 5th week of school; however, please be aware that you are responsible for any homework assigned before this add deadline.
3. If you cannot enroll because the wait-list is full according to TeleBEARS, the best thing to do is attend the first class and try adding during the first three weeks of school. Even though the DeCal website says the sections are open, please follow whatever the TeleBEARS website says (unfortunately, the DeCal website is not updated whenever TeleBEARS is updated.
4. If you need to contact one of the head facilitators (Abiram or Britnee), please include in your subject title exactly as follows: [PreMed 101 Fall 2011]. This way we can be sure to respond to your email. Incoming Freshmen - Please contact Britnee. All others - Please contact Abiram.
Thank you for your interest in our course, and Go Bears!
Course Contact: abiram AT premed101.org & britnee AT premed101.org
Faculty Sponsor: Dr. David Presti
Time & Location:
|Full Course||Abiram Bala|
|120||159 Mulford||W 6p-7:30p||8/31||started||57886 (lower)|
|There are no files uploaded.|
Course info last modified August 26, 2011. This page has been viewed 3337 times.