Cloud 9: Tech Tools
About the Course:
In this course, we will explore, discuss, and debate recent technological trends and the tools that they have created. To learn about these trends and tools, we will watch videos, hear from industry-related speakers, and get first-hand experience with the technologies.
Course learning objectives
1. Be able to teach your peers about the technologies you learn about in this class.
2. Be able to speak to industry leaders and hold a decent conversation about the market/industry.
3. Improve your personal efficiency when using the various technologies we discuss in class.
4. Recognize that the teacher is not always right - and that your input as a student is invaluable.
5. Create a community of technically-able, potentially entrepreneurial peers.
6. Have fun, and help us make this class better for the next semester!
Every student must bring an internet-connected device to each class section (laptop, netbook, tablet). This course will require two written response assignments, one three-minute video (created with a partner, does not have to have you in it - to be explained later), a final research project, and mandatory attendance for each class session.
Assignment policy: All students must complete all assignments in order to receive a “pass” for this course. All assignments must be submitted inside the class’s bspace.
Attendance policy: For the semester, you are allowed to miss two (2) class periods without any penalty. If you are more than 15 minutes late to a period, or you leave more than 15 minutes early, this will count as one absence. Arriving late or leaving early is disruptive to the rest of the class, as well as disrespectful to our speakers.
How to Enroll:
As this is the first time we are offering this course, and we are unsure of how many people will want to register, we are going to allow people to register on a first-come first-served basis. When the class fills up, we may institute a lottery for any extra seats that become available.
Course Contact: techtrends AT gmail.com
Faculty Sponsor: Reza Moazzami
Time & Location:
|60||S300T (Haas Computer Lab Classroom)||M 8p-10p||8/29||started||—|
|There are no files uploaded.|
Course info last modified August 26, 2011. This page has been viewed 3879 times.